What YOU Want, Wants YOU Too!
What you want, wants you too!
“Everyone knows what they want, they just dismiss it because they don’t believe they can have it”.
How often do we pursue what we want? Truth be told we give ourselves all sorts of excuses, why we can’t have what we want, these excuses are deeply rooted in the following;
1. We easily dismiss what we want, because sometimes we don’t see the “HOW” how what we want is going to come about.
2. We don’t believe we deserve what we want.
3. We don’t follow through or we give up to soon.
But what if we knew that, what we want, wants us too.
Moment to reflect:
This past week I received some exciting news about something I badly wanted and have been working very hard to attain for sometime. Finally getting a phone call confirming the good news, was the best thing ever. When I spoke to this gentleman over the phone, at first, I thought I didn’t hear him properly and didn’t want to embarrass myself by confirming what I thought I heard, holding my breath and my excitement least I get disappointed. I just didn’t believe this had finally happened, yes, I was over the moon but most importantly this experience made me to think long and hard about my past experiences. All the time, I gave up to soon on something, all the time, I didn’t follow through on something, all the time, I didn’t believe I deserved whatever; all the time, I didn’t see how it’s going to come about and then I compromised and settled for less.
In my recent experience, I found the following keys beneficial in overcoming what I have just mentioned.
1. Make it absolutely clear what you want: Being clear aligns you to your wants, you become certain about what you want and this is very important because when an opportunity prevails, it’s easy to identify it, simply because you know what you want.
2. Focus on what you want: When the mind is focused on something, it expands that which its focused on, the more you will think about it, the more ideas, the better chances of you attaining what you want.
3. The power of belief: Our beliefs can sometimes limit us and sometimes they become mental blocks to what we want. The truth is, anything is possible if we believe, the challenge is that we get all hanged up on the “HOW”; how is it going to come about, how is it possible. Practically speaking we have a lot of things we don’t understand around us but they happen in-spite of what we want to believe or not.
4. Never give up: Honestly why would you give up on something you truly want? And when you give up, you give up to what really? In my experience, when I gave up, I settled for less and I became unhappy with my choices because it was not what I initially wanted.
When we truly want something, when we desire it, we put up a request about that which we want, when we have to play our part and show how sincere we want what we have requested, let’s stay the course and remember that whatever we want, wants us too, simply because it has been part of our desires!
What desires have you had this week?